Muesli has many advantages – it’s quick, tasty and cheap. If you use the right ingredients, it is also high in calories. And that’s exactly what we want. That is why today there is a recipe for a homemade granola to gain weight.
- Fine oat flakes
- Dried fruits (e.g. raisins, cranberries)
- Nuts (e.g. walnuts, almonds)
- Flax seeds, alternatively chia seeds
- Fresh fruit (e.g. banana, apple)
- Honey or agave syrup
- Milk or vegetable milk
- cocoa powder
- Mix oatmeal with cocoa powder in a bowl
- Add dried fruits, flax seeds and nuts, mix again
- Sweeten with honey or agave syrup (not too much)
- Add milk, mix well
- Spread the sliced fruit on top
Of course, you don’t have to follow this recipe exactly. You can let your imagination run wild and adapt the muesli to your taste.
Nevertheless, I recommend oatmeal as a base. Oatmeal is nutritious and calorie-dense. The perfect basis for a cereal to gain weight.